Production Manager & Production Assistant Vacancies. Apply Now
Production Manager Role
ODonnell Furniture Makers is a leading manufacturer of quality, bespoke contract hotel and residential furniture for the Irish, UK and EU markets. The Company includes Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson, amongst its clients. The Company has been in business for 40 years and is based in Skibbereen, Co Cork. Contracts involve complex material, sub-supply and installation planning and involve co-ordination with material and component suppliers, designers, architects, specifiers, contractors and clients and their representatives.
This is a senior appointment to the management team and is based in Skibbereen.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- To organise, motivate and manage production staff.
- Forecast and manage production levels, daily/weekly.
- To liaise with purchasing, project managers, site managers and logistics to ensure scheduled production and deliveries are on time and of the highest standard.
- Contribute to recruitment, planning and training of production operators.
- To analyse and assess current production methods and systems and to implement change to improve efficiencies.
- To work with supervisors and operators to ensure that proper quality control and health and safety procedures are being followed.
- To work on continuous improvement including Lean Plus and to ensure KPI’s for manufacturing meet or exceed best in class.
- Ensure all operational performance measures are reached which include productivity, efficiency, waste, quality and safety.
The Ideal Candidate
5-8 years experience in manufacturing and or/furniture sector in a production management capacity is essential. Proven experience in continuous improvement and lean principles an advantage. The Ideal Candidate will; have the ability to prioritize tasks and use resources effectively; have a positive influence on people across the Company; encourage greater team engagement; identify and nurture talent.
This is a senior appointment and individual appointment must have a demonstrated track record in manufacturing and lean principles.
Salary will reflect the importance of the role to ODonnell Furniture Makers.
Please send CV’s to Katherine@odonnellfurniture.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd May 2019
Production Assistant Role
Reports to: Production Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for assisting the Production Manager in the effective and efficient management of current and subsequent manufacturing of all O’Donnell Design order from design to point of delivery to kerbside, as per contract specification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- See Job Description for Production Manager. Agreement to be reached with Production Manager regarding delegation of duties and assistance to be given to Production Manager.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective articulation of production information from designers original drawings, through to CAD drawings, and all information necessary for practical completion.
- Deputize for Production Manager when necessary.
- Produce Schedule; ensure it is signed off by the client before production starts.
- Assists the Production Manager where necessary to provide delivery information to both the Project Manager and the Purchasing Manager in sufficient time so that trucks can be ordered and deliveries made on time. This information will also help the Project Manager ensure the fitters are organised and available on site and also that the site is ready for delivery.
- Compliance with best practice industry regulations, insurance, safety, legal and quality requirements.
- Work in accordance with ISO procedures for Production, and all other ISO procedures.
- Please send CV’s to Katherine@odonnellfurniture.com
- Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd May 2019